Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Poems of Bhavilal Lamichane

Bhavilal Lamichane is a famous Nepali poet. Here I am trying to translate some of his poems from Hindi (Originally written in Nepali, and translated by Khadak Raj Giri to Hindi ) S.SALIM KUMAR




(1)
Question by the great grandfather
You came with the Gun, I have given my child.
You came with the spear, I have given the foetus.
You came with the fire.I have given my home and garden.
You came with the wind, I have given my youth.
I have given my past and present,
without keeping anything for the future.
Now I am standing on the dead bodies
of my grandsons and their sons
me , the ninety year old man.
You came again.
Again I will give you
The love and belief hiddden inside my heart.
Shoot me dear enemy.
When I fell to your bullet which will drill my heart
You tell me one thing:
Now whom will you shoot ?

(2)

Unveiling
They , the creators of history
Are hidden behind the history.
Living blend of art, culture, and History- Tajmahal
Memorial for Mumthaz, a tomb
The visitors tell :
This wonder is made by Shah Jahan.
People praise it for centuries
They who built it, lost their hands cut
And they are known as slaves in the history.
They are hidden behind the history,
The creators of the history.

(3)
Condition
I will give you power. But one condition!
what is that ?
You should become deaf, dumb and blind.
Then what will you give me ?
Poverty.

(4)
Flow
The tree will not tell the story of the man who hanged himself in its branch.
The street will not tell the sorrow of the numerous legs which smash its chest.
The city is burning like a cigerette
But no fire, only smoke.
Canons spill fire.
The crowd dies silently
And the people flow with the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment